What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government provides annual per-head funding to schools to enable them to improve children’s opportunities to develop healthy, active lifestyles from an early age. Physical activity has a beneficial impact on children’s physical health, but there are many additional benefits including
- increased mental wellbeing
- increased self-esteem
- increased emotional well-being
- lower anxiety and depression
- Feeling happier
- Increased resilience
- Developing social skills such as cooperation, trust and turn-taking
- Improved academic achievement
There are so many benefits to being physically active!
At St Michael’s we allocate the PE and Sport Premium carefully and strategically to enable all children to benefit regularly from the wide range of improvements we are able to make.
P.E. & Sport Premium
- Sports-Premium-2014-2015.pdf pdf140.8 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Roll-Of-Honour-2016.pdf pdf103.3 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Sports Premium Report 15-16.pdf pdf285.0 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Sports-Premium-Report-16-17.pdf pdf479.9 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Sports Premium Report 17-18.pdf pdf655.8 KbAug 12th, 2020
- Sports Premium Plan 18-19.pdf pdf521.8 KbAug 12th, 2020
- NEW! Sports Premium Expenditure & Impact Report 18-19.pdf pdf655.6 KbAug 12th, 2020